My name is Iota McHippus. I have credentials as a therapy horse. I am among a rare and specialized class of professional equines. I am allowed to visit people in hospitals and schools. Just by my being with them, people feel better. I have a Facebook page where THE best people in the whole world help me laugh at my troubles.
I get manhandled, wrangled and abused by The Lady who thinks equine dentists and veterinarians who wield needles that SUCK MY BLOOD are acceptable forms of annual entertainment.
I have many many friends who are themselves equines. From mules to drafts as well as other minis. Together we form a connected web of concern and care across this land and the globe entirely.
I have passed the evaluation test for The Delta Society (Louisville, July 2011)
- Certified Level 2 – Equine Specialist, EAGALA (Equine Assisted Growth and Learning Association)
- Passed Delta Society Testing
Practitioner, natural horsemanship. Clinics attended:
- Hume Horsemanship, 2012, 2013, 2014
- Road to the Horse 2013, 2014 (Mary Kitzmiller, Guy Maclean, Dan Steel, Obbe Schlom, Sarah Winters, Antoine Cloux, Jonathan Fields, et al)
- Dressage Naturally (Karen Rohlf) Shelby Hume, November 2011
- Buck Brannaman October 2011
- Chris Cox, July 2011
- Shelby Hume, April 2011
- Jesse Peters (Parelli Level 2) July 2010
- Clinton Anderson, Monty Roberts, Pat Parelli September, 2010 World Equestrian Games
- Also: Chris Irwin, Wendy Quiggle, Susanna Thomas and others prior to 2010